Congratulations to all the students who competed in one of the most
intimidating events offered. Fifteen students from Area 2 developed their
leadership skills by conducting themselves in a professional manner while
discussing current topic affecting Georgia agriculture.
I can not express enough thanks to Mrs. Kate Wilson and Mr. Greg Gilman for
securing rooms and judges for this event. Without support from our host
teachers and the rest of the teachers in Jackson County and the judges they
contacted, this event would not have been possible. The East Jackson High
FFA officer team were a huge help and worked hard to make us all feel
welcome.

The following students made the final round yesterday and so impressed the
judges that it was very difficult for them to declare a winner. The top two
will represent Area 2 in the State FFA Discussion Meet on April 28th as
part of the Georgia FFA Convention in Macon.

*Rachel Baker - Jackson County (advisors, Micah Story & Shannon Lawrence)
1st Place*
*Guerin Brown - Green County (advisor, Joseph Nesbit) 2nd place*
Claire Coleman - Morgan County
Chason Huggins - Rabun County
Will Barrett - Habersham Central
Brelyn Westmoreland - White County