Congratulations to all of the students who participated in the Area 2
Middle School and Senior Lawnmower CDE's held yesterday at the Oconee
County High School. Special thanks to Mr. Travis Walker for hosting the
events and to the Oconee FFA members for their assistance. I'd also like to
thank Mr. Marcus Pollard and his student and Mr. Walker and David Williams
for their assistance with taking down the lawnmower courses and loading the
trailer.

Blalock Machinery is our sponsor for the Lawnmower CDE's. They are
responsible for providing us with the Poulan Pro mower used in the Middle
School event and for bringing us the eXmark mowers every year. Please send
them a thank you note for their support of our program and students. Thank
you notes may be sent to :

Stacey Durden
Blalock Machinery and Equipment Company, Inc.
500 Jerry Steele Lane
Mcdonough Georgia 30253

Scores have been checked and FFA membership verified. The top two
individuals will represent Area 2 in the State Lawnmower Driving CDE's
which will be held in March on the camps of the University of Georgia.

*1st Place Middle School Lawnmower*
Abby Dickens - Oconee County Middle School - Advisor David Chapman

*2nd Place* *Middle School Lawnmower*
Larson Craft - Hart County Middle School - Advisor Nathan Heaton

*1st Place Senior Lawnmower*
Jake Dickens - Oconee County High School - Advisor Travis Walker

*2nd Place **Senior Lawnmower*
Garrett Morgan - White County High School - Advisor Dustin Keener

A summary of the scores is attached.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher