Congratulations to all the students who competed in one of the most intimidating events offered. Fifteen students from Area 2 developed their leadership skills by conducting themselves in a professional manner while discussing current topic affecting Georgia agriculture.
I can not express enough thanks to Mrs. Kate Wilson and Mr. Greg Gilman for securing rooms and judges for this event. Without support from our host teachers and the rest of the teachers in Jackson County and the judges they contacted, this event would not have been possible. The East Jackson High FFA officer team were a huge help and worked hard to make us all feel welcome.

The following students made the final round yesterday and so impressed the judges that it was very difficult for them to declare a winner. The top two will represent Area 2 in the State FFA Discussion Meet on April 28th as part of the Georgia FFA Convention in Macon.

Rachel Baker - Jackson County (advisors, Micah Story & Shannon Lawrence) 1st Place
Guerin Brown - Green County (advisor, Joseph Nesbit) 2nd place
Claire Coleman - Morgan County
Chason Huggins - Rabun County
Will Barrett - Habersham Central
Brelyn Westmoreland - White County