Congratulations to all of the students who participated in the Area 1 Middle School and Senior Lawnmower CDE's held yesterday at the Chattooga County Livestock Facility. Special thanks to Mr. David Yarbrough, Ms. Lauren Jarrett and Mr. Barry Bailey for hosting the events and to the Area 1 FFA Officer team for their assistance. I'd also like to thank Mr. Josh Daniel and Mr. Michael Gardner and their students for their assistance with taking down the lawnmower courses and loading the trailer.

Blalock Machinery is our sponsor for the Lawnmower CDE's. They are responsible for providing us with the Poulan Pro mower used in the Middle School event and for bringing us the eXmark mowers every year. Please send them a thank you note for their support of our program and students. Thank you notes may be sent to :

Stacey Durden
Blalock Machinery and Equipment Company, Inc.
500 Jerry Steele Lane
Mcdonough Georgia 30253

Scores have been checked and FFA membership verified. The top two individuals will represent Area 1 in the State Lawnmower Driving CDE's which will be held in March on the camps of the University of Georgia.

1st Place Middle School Lawnmower
Joshua Carr - Redbud Middle School - Advisor Rebecca Broome

2nd Place
Kayden Couch - Fannin County Middle School - Advisor Jeff Wilbanks

1st Place Senior Lawnmower
Rob Cox - Dawson County High School - Advisor Josh Daniel

2nd Place
Houston Lumpkin - LaFayette High School - Advisor Michael Gardner

A summary of the scores is attached.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher