Congratulations to all of the students who participated in the Area 2 Middle School and Senior Lawnmower CDE's held yesterday at the Oconee County High School. Special thanks to Mr. Travis Walker for hosting the events and to the Oconee FFA members for their assistance. I'd also like to thank Mr. Marcus Pollard and his student and Mr. Walker and David Williams for their assistance with taking down the lawnmower courses and loading the trailer.

Blalock Machinery is our sponsor for the Lawnmower CDE's. They are responsible for providing us with the Poulan Pro mower used in the Middle School event and for bringing us the eXmark mowers every year. Please send them a thank you note for their support of our program and students. Thank you notes may be sent to :

Stacey Durden
Blalock Machinery and Equipment Company, Inc.
500 Jerry Steele Lane
Mcdonough Georgia 30253

Scores have been checked and FFA membership verified. The top two individuals will represent Area 2 in the State Lawnmower Driving CDE's which will be held in March on the camps of the University of Georgia.

1st Place Middle School Lawnmower
Abby Dickens - Oconee County Middle School - Advisor David Chapman

2nd Place Middle School Lawnmower
Larson Craft - Hart County Middle School - Advisor Nathan Heaton

1st Place Senior Lawnmower
Jake Dickens - Oconee County High School - Advisor Travis Walker

2nd Place Senior Lawnmower
Garrett Morgan - White County High School - Advisor Dustin Keener

A summary of the scores is attached.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher