Good Afternoon,

Please see the note below about an excellent professional development opportunity to learn more about teaching small engines!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Eric

Eric D. Rubenstein, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Agricultural Leadership, Education, & Communication Department

Dear Agricultural Educators,

I have worked with Briggs and Stratton to setup a 3-day intensive small engines workshop at Clemson University.  This workshop is essentially the same as the week-long educators’ workshop held at their headquarters.  I have attached a flyer with the basic information detailing the workshop.  Below are details about the price for the workshop, lodging, graduate credit, etc.  For those interested, you need to email me ([log in to unmask]) stating your interest and I will get an invoice sent to you and an email with other pertinent documents regarding the workshop.

Invoice:

For the invoice, you need to identify if you or your school/institution will be paying the workshop fee so that we can address the invoice correctly.  I will also need the following information in order to get an invoice sent to you: Name of the person to send the invoice to, Name of the person/institution paying the invoice, and an address.

Cost:

The cost of the workshop is $500.00, but you will be taking home at least that much back to your program in teaching materials.  The workshop will be held June 27- 29, 2017 (Tuesday - Thursday) at Clemson University in McAdams Hall.  There is limited space available. Only the first 20 individuals to pay the workshop fee will be able to attend.  This invitation is being sent out to numerous states, so act quickly if you are interested.

Lodging:

I have a courtesy block of rooms reserved at the Comfort Inn in Clemson, SC at a rate of $79.95/night (standard room) or $95.95 (mini suite) + taxes, 864-635-3600.  The block is good for the days of July 25-30 (Sunday-Friday).  When you call to reserve a room, mention that you are part of the “Briggs & Stratton Small Engines Workshop Group” to get the special rate, but feel free to shop around for internet deals.

Graduate Credit:

For those interested in obtaining graduate credit, I am currently getting the materials together for a contract course.  The fee for the contract course will be covered by the $500 registration so the credits won’t cost you extra!  If you are interested in earning graduate credits, state that when you email me and I will send the required documents for you to complete. For those individuals not actively in a graduate program at Clemson University there will be a $60 application fee that you will have to pay.

Parking Passes:

I will have parking passes ready for you at the hotel’s front desk either when you arrive or on the morning of the 28th.  I will provide a map and directions to everyone with the other documents.

Regards,

A. Preston Byrd

Assistant Professor

Clemson University

Department of Agricultural Sciences (AS)

253 McAdams Hall

Office: 864-656-5675

Cell: 864-245-5373