The State FFA Jr. and Sr. Forestry CDE’s will be held on Thursday, April
 20th, 2017 at the Swainsboro/Emanuel County Recreation Department in
conjunction with the Pine Tree Festival.

We will begin registration and check in at 9:30 am and the actual CDE will
begin at 10:00 am.  Lunch will be provided by Tommy Greene with Shug's
catering at 11:30 am.  The students will compete in their individual events
that morning and the Team Activity will begin at 12:15 pm.  If one of your
4 people for the team activity is doing reforestation, please tell them to
inform the judges and they will be allowed to go first.  Because of having
the Jr. and Sr. events going on at the same time, we do not want the
seniors who will be doing the team activity to be late.

The Team Activity will be a group effort as in the past.  *Only the Sr.
Team will compete in the Team Activity. * Remember that the team activity
participants must be eligible to compete in the National Forestry CDE.
Tools that your students will need to bring for the team activity are
Biltmore Sticks that will measure logs (a log rule will be provided), a
compass, calculators, and pencils.  They will not be allowed to use any
instruments to measure tree heights or diameters other than a Biltmore
Stick.

Hotels available in Swainsboro are the Days Inn and Bradford Inn.

I have attached a link to the end of this email that has a google map to
the Recreation Complex.  If you have any questions, please contact me.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you on April 20th in Swainsboro.

http://g.co/maps/dxcvw

--
*Barry Norris*

Cell - 478-290-5821