The 89th Georgia FFA Convention is upon us and with that, the "Living to Serve" community service activities that continue to grow in participation.

This year we have 48 FFA Chapters and 697 participants registered to participate in community service activities around the Macon area.

Chapters will be working at 11 sites in cooperation with Rebuilding Macon, Macon/Bibb Parks and Beautification, and the National Parks Service.

Those chapters registered should be on the lookout for an email from me, in the next few days, outlining activities and giving specific site assignments and locations.

Registered Chapters include:

Apalachee High
Bagley Middle
Bonaire Middle FFA
Bradwell Insititute
Clarke Central
Coffee Freshmen
Coffee High FFA
Dade County
Dawson County
East Jackson Middle FFA
East Jackson Middle School
East Laurens Middle School
Elbert County Middle School
Etowah
Feagin Mill
Fullington Academy FFA
Haralson County High School
Jackson (Butts County)

Jones
Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe
Liberty County High School
Locust Grove
Madison County High FFA
Madison County Middle School
Malcom Bridge MS
Marion
Metter FFA
Morgan Co High
Murray County FFA
North Forsyth
North Murray
Northside Middle
Northwest Whitfield FFA
Ola High
Pepperell
Piedmont Academy
Putnam County FFA
Rabun County FFA
Ringgold
Rockdale Career Academy
Rutland FFA
Southeast Whitfield
Stockbridge High School
Toombs County
Toombs County Middle
Warner Robins Middle
West Jackson Middle FFA
Wilcox

If your chapter has not registered to participate in the Living to Serve activities scheduled for Thursday of the convention, you can still participate by providing needed items for donation for Daybreak and Rebuilding Macon listed below:

Daybreak(https://us.depaulcharity.org/depaul-home/our-work/programs/daybreak-center-macon-ga)
Daybreak is a project of Depaul USA that works to ease the worry of day-to-day survival for those living homeless in Macon.  Your FFA chapter can help Daybreak by donating the following items:
  • Deodorant - spray only
  • Two (or three)-in-one, family size body wash/shampoo (& conditioner)
  • Body lotion
  • Coffee and creamer
  • Sugar
  • Laundry detergent (high efficiency only)
  • Bleach
  • Baking soda and vinegar
  • Dish detergent
  • Powdered lemonade
  • Insect repellant
  • 13 gallon trash bags
  • Canned fruit
  • 6 or 8 ounce disposable cups
  • Paper towels and napkins
  • Toilet tissue
  • Instant grits, oatmeal, and cereal
  • Gift Cards are welcomed for fresh fruits and supplies:  VISA, AMEX, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Publix, and Sam's

Rebuilding Macon (www.rebuildingmacon.org)
Rebuilding Macon works in partnership with the Macon community to repair homes of low-income home owners, particularly the elderly and disabled, so that they may continue to live in warmth, safety, and independence.  Your FFA Chapter can help Rebuilding Macon by donating the following items:
  • 2 inch paintbrushes
  • 4 inch paintbrushes
  • paint rollers
  • paint scrapers
  • buckets (1 gallon and smaller)
If your FFA chapter plans to bring items for donation, we will gather those items for distribution on the south side of the convention center at the entrance to the Monument Room (same location as last year).

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Kevin

--
Kevin Jump
Area Mechanics Teacher