Good morning Ag Teachers,

Many of you are on Spring Break this week, and I hope that you have a great opportunity for some rest and relaxation.

I am proud to announce the results of the 2017 State Convention Talent program. Attached are three documents. One is a performance schedule featuring the students chosen to perform in the Convention Career Show. The second is the rehearsal schedule for the students chosen to perform in the Convention Arena. The third attachment is the Talent Information sheet (information below).

If you had students who applied for talent but are not listed on either the Arena or Career Show list, that means the student(s) were not selected to perform the State Convention Talent program this year. We several good applications and only 24 total spots available.

Next step
The students listed on both the Arena and Career Show list need to complete the following steps by April that each performer/duo needs to complete and return to the State FFA Office by Friday, April 14.

1. Download and complete the Talent Information sheet.
2. Gather the lyrics to any song that the student will consider performing at the convention.

3. Send ALL lyrics and completed information sheet to the State FFA Office by Friday, April 14.

NOTE: Students will not be allowed to perform songs that they have not submitted lyrics for prior to the convention.

Talent Competition
Students selected to perform in the Arena will have the opportunity to compete in the State Convention Talent competition. After rehearsals are completed on Thursday afternoon, four acts will be identified as Finalists for the Convention Talent Contest. Those four acts will perform prior to the start of session 4 on Friday afternoon. Voting will be handled through the Georgia FFA Convention app. The winner will be announced during session 4.

If you have any questions, please give me a call.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA