Teachers:

Thank you for your participation in the Area 6 Forestry CDE.

I would like to again thank our sponsor Weyerhaeuser; and their representatives: David Hornsby, Daniel Atkins, Lorin Clark, Jacob Sheppard, Kirk Braughton, Scott Flick, and additional employees that assisted in the execution of a quality event. Additional sponsors include: Pinova SAF Black Water Chapter

Satilla Forest Services, Inc., IFCO, Seven Rivers, Beasley Forest Products, AgSouth Farm Credit, James M. Swain & Associates Inc.,

S&A Dixon Forestry.

I would also like to thank Forestry Consultant Scott Cunningham, Georgia Power Representive Kevin Brazel, the Georgia Forestry Commission GFC Satilla District District Supervisor Jason Gillis, Assistant Supervisor Bo Chesser, GFC Foresters, and Satilla GFC District County Units for their part in making the event happen .

Without the help in monetary support from our sponsors, setting up, judging, grading, event supervision, and scoring assistance from the combined efforts of Weyerhaeuser, GFC, the  Bacon , Coffee, Brantley, Ware, and, Appling County Bus Driving volunteers, and the South Region Agricultural Education Team staffs'; the event would not have been possible. Please appropriately thank these individuals for the support of our students when possible.

Rosters have been checked and results are official.

Congratulations to the teams who will be representing Area 6 next Thursday at the State Forestry Field Day in Swainsboro, GA.

Junior Team

1st        Brantley County High School
2nd       Echols County Middle School

Senior Team

1st        Wayne County High School
2nd       Echols High School

 Complete team/individual scores are attached.

--
Shawn S. Collins
South Region Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198