Please share with your FFA members interested in the Dairy program!

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Jillian Fain Bohlen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Christa, would you mind helping distribute the information below to your FFA advisors.  I would certainly appreciate it.

We are just getting in the final information about the Southeast Dairy Youth Retreat!!!

The 2017 Southeast Dairy Youth Retreat will be hosted in Bradenton, FL July 9th – 13th. This annual event is a tremendous opportunity for youth ages 8 to 18. During the retreat, youth participants from seven southeastern states will interact with dairy industry professionals during hands-on learning activities. This year’s group will visit a wide variety of farms in Florida, ranging from a minimal input, grazing dairy milking 5,000 cows to a large agri-tourism herd that produces their own milk and cheese. The group will also make an outing to Adventure Island and get involved with interactive workshops and tours! The cost is $200 per youth participant and includes lodging (4 youth per room), events, and all meals (Sunday evening through Thursday breakfast) except lunch on Wednesday at Adventure Island. Group transport will be arranged by UGA Extension and will depart from Athens, GA on Sunday. You will be provided more information following receipt of your registration materials.

Materials are due back to Dr. Jillian Bohlen by May 26th!  I know this is a very quick turnaround but are working off Florida’s deadlines for information.  Attached are all necessary documents. Please email [log in to unmask] or call 706-542-9108 if you have any questions.

Jillian Fain Bohlen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
University of Georgia
Animal and Dairy Science