Teachers

Thank you for bringing your students to the State FFA Convention last week. I appreciate the energy and excitement that your chapters helped create. I am aware of the concerns about the hockey ice in the Arena and the changes in security measures at the Centreplex, and I assure you that I share your concerns. In the days and weeks following the convention I have been in, and will continue to be in, discussions with the facility about how to reach middle ground and make those challenges better for our attendees. Even with those frustrations, we seemed to have a successful convention. Like always, you and your students rose to the occasion, and made the best of the situation. It’s hard to get that many FFA members and ag teachers together and not have a good time! Thank you for helping create an atmosphere of excitement and celebration.

Last summer at teacher’s conference, I shared a concern about people leaving sessions early. This year it was noticeable to me that more of you made it a priority to have your chapter in their seats until the gavel fell to close each session. For those of you who helped with that request, I really appreciate it.

Finally, I like to close each convention by looking ahead to the next one. Please mark these dates now for the 90th Georgia FFA Convention. Some of you have the influence within your schools to share dates early and not allow FFA/AgEd to become victims of being low priority in scheduling the school calendar. Please share this date with your administration now, as plans are made for testing, prom, honors night, etc…for next year.

90th Georgia FFA Convention
April 26-28, 2018
Macon, Georgia

Have a blessed week, and good luck to those of you with chapter banquets coming up.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA