Greetings Georgia Junior Beef Futurity exhibitors!

The Georgia Junior Beef Futurity Committee wanted to send you a few
reminders before you all head to Perry next week for a great weekend of
competition and fun.  We have 362 entries for the 2017 Georgia Junior Beef
Futurity.  We are still missing a few signatures or information. If your
students information is highlighted below, please check your email or
voicemail for a message regarding missing information.  Students
highlighted are missing some information - please send in that information
or call us to help us clear up any missing information.

The weather during the Futurity is usually hot, please have your family
members and cattle prepared to be successful in the heat.  Please visit the
following link to review the schedule and rules:  http://www.georgia4h.
org/livestock/beef/beef_futurity_results.htm.   Please read over the
bullets below and let us know if you have questions.

   - *The barn will open at 7:00AM on Thursday (July 7th).  Tie-outs will
   be available on Wednesday (July 6th) evening but no tack or cattle in the
   barns until Thursday.*
   - Upon arriving on Thursday, please come to the Beef Office at the
   Southwest corner of the Beef Barn for stalling assignments.
   - All blocking/grooming chutes must have an official sticker.  Those
   that pre-ordered chute tags can pick those up in the Beef Office or you may
   purchase one if you did not pre-order.  The tags cost $25/chute.  Please
   bring a check or exact cash!
   - PORT-A-COOLS and other large evaporative cooling units are allowed
   this year if you pre-registered for one.  CoolingTags will be available in
   the Show Office.
   - If you purchased T-shirts they will be available for pick in the Show
   Office on Thursday mid day.
   - No butt-fans or cage fans are allowed.  All fans must be attached to
   tie panel in stalling area and cannot be attached by extension to hang
   beyond 42 inches from tie panel.
   - This show does not allow dogs in the barns!!! Leave them at home.
   - *Registered heifers must be checked in with the ORIGINAL registration
   certificate in the exhibitors name only - No copies, faxes, or emails will
   be accepted.*
   - We have added a Market Heifer Show this year! It will show after
   Showmanship & before Market Steers on Friday.  Contact a member of the show
   committee if you have questions about the Market Heifer Show.

Please travel safely and we look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday.

Carole Knight, Heather Shultz, Christa Steinkamp and Ricky Wheeler
Georgia Junior Beef Futurity Show Committee

--
Christa Steinkamp
Georgia Agricultural Education

*Agricultural Education Mission*