If you are planning to attend the 90th National FFA Convention, please take time to read this information carefully. It is a lot, but it contains many important pieces of information that will help as you plan your trip to Indianapolis.
The 90th National FFA Convention will be held October 25-28, 2017, in Indianapolis, Indiana. Detailed information regarding the convention schedule, registration, etc., is available at www.ffa.org on the National Convention page.
STATE HOUSING BLOCK
The Georgia delegation is in the middle of a 3-year room block at two hotels (Marriott and J.W. Marriott) in downtown Indianapolis. The Marriott is located at 350 West Maryland Street, while the J.W. Marriott is located at 10 South West Street. The two hotels are just two blocks from each other and both are easy walking distance to the Convention Center, Bankers Life Fieldhouse and Lucas Oil Stadium.
• A reservation form for the Georgia FFA housing block is attached.
• These rooms have been reserved for four nights (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) October 24 – 27, with checkout being Saturday, October 28.
• Cost is $255.00 per student (based on quad occupancy) and $500.00 per advisor/adult (based on double occupancy). This rate is the same for both hotel locations.
• A deposit of $50.00 per person will be due with the reservation form to secure rooms.
• Payment should be made to the Georgia FFA Association.
• There is a set number of rooms available to us. Rooms will be assigned on a first come, first served basis according to the postmarked date of your deposit.
• Chapters can identify on their reservation form if they have a preference between the Marriott and the J.W. Marriott. The rate is the same at both hotels. Once rooms are filled at one hotel, reservations received will be moved to the other hotel.
• Reservations WILL NOT be accepted by telephone, fax, or email or by contacting the hotels directly. All Georgia housing block reservations must go through the State FFA Office.
• For chapters securing rooms in the state block, the balance of the room cost is due to this office (NOT POSTMARKED) by Wednesday, October 4.
• Parking is available in downtown Indianapolis through the National FFA Convention online registration system. The White River State Park is near the J.W. Marriott, so look for it in the National FFA parking permit process. The Marriott has a parking deck for standard sized vehicles. Parking is $40 per day, and available on a first come, first served basis.
• If you fly to Indianapolis, the Marriott and the J.W. Marriott do not have a shuttle that runs from the airport. They recommend the Go Express Downtown for transportation from the airport. You can find information about Go Express at https://goexpresstravel.com/indy_express.
ONLINE CONVENTION REGISTRATION
Registration for the National FFA Convention is an online process. The online registration will open at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 5. Included in that online registration process is selection of tickets for Opening Session, concerts, rodeos, Days of Service, CDE award meals, and any additional tickets that you need to purchase; as well as parking and shuttle passes. National Convention and Expo information can be found at https://www.ffa.org/events/conventionandexpo.
Each registered attendee will have a personalized ID badge that will include electronic information about their registration (opening session ticket, meal function tickets, etc…) That means that each chapter will be expected to enter names of attendees as part of the online registration system. The online registration timeline is as follows.
September 5 (1:00 p.m.) – online registration site opens
October 2 (5:00 p.m.) – Online registration closes
All Opening Session, concert, hypnotist, Day of Service and meal function tickets are first come, first served. If you are aiming to secure tickets to those events, I encourage you to register quickly once the site opens. You have until October 2, to edit your student numbers.
Convention registration rates are:
• $55 per person for chapters that complete online registration prior to October 2, and secure lodging from the FFA housing block
• $70 per person for chapters that complete online registration prior to October 2, but secure lodging outside the FFA housing block
• $80 per person for chapters that register onsite in Indianapolis (regardless of lodging arrangements)
• Online convention registration closes October 2, at 5:00 p.m. EDT (this means all registrations must be completed by 5:00 p.m. EDT.) Any chapter not registered by the deadline will have to register on-site in Indianapolis.
• If you book rooms through this office as part of the Georgia FFA block, you will qualify for the $55 convention registration.
• We will submit the names of chapters staying our state block to National FFA as soon as the rooms are confirmed and deposits received. Once we submit a chapter’s name to National FFA, they will be cleared to register with the in-block rate of $55 per person. The sooner you confirm your rooms (and submit deposits), the sooner you can complete your chapter registration.
• Teachers will need to access their MyFFA account to complete online registration for the National FFA Convention. (Remember to access your MyFFA account through your Georgia AgEd login)
In Indianapolis, the following facilities will be used for the National FFA Convention.
Bankers Life Fieldhouse – General Sessions
Lucas Oil Stadium – Concert & American Degree Ceremony
Indiana Convention Center – Career Show, Shopping Mall, Onsite Registration, Agriscience Fair, Leadership Workshops, Alumni events, Proficiency judging, CDE Finals Hall, National Chapter Award activities.
Indiana State Fairgrounds – Career Development Events & Rodeo
Downtown Hotels – Career Development Events and Award meal functions
I know that this is a lot of information to absorb. Please review this information now, and again as the deadlines approach for registration. If you have questions, please feel free to call our office at (706) 552-4456.
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA
Athens, GA 30602
Office Phone: (706) 552-4456
Mobile Phone: (706) 410-4604
[log in to unmask]