Hi Cesar,

The IdoA ring exists in a delicate equilibrium between the 1C4-2So-4C1 ring
conformations, and transitions between conformations are relatively slow
(microsecond time-scale). Neither the previous charges nor the newest
charges reliably reproduce the ring populations. I've attached the prep
files used to create the IdoA conformations on the website (IdoA_ALL.prep),
as well as the most recent version of glycam.

If you describe your hypothesis (reason for running the simulations), I may
be able to help you design an experiment to test it. For example, a
collaborator synthesized compounds and collected NMR data to determine how
sulfation around IdoA affects the ring conformations. Using NMR data and
MD, we were able to determine the ratio of ring conformations in each
compound. Then, I ran MD simulations of each compound where the ring was
restrained in each conformation. This allowed us to study the
intramolecular interactions at each conformation and avoided the issue of
properly sampling IdoA ring conformations in one long simulation. Here's a
link to the publication:

Best,
David