If you describe your hypothesis (reason for running the simulations), I may be able to help you design an experiment to test it. For example, a collaborator synthesized compounds and collected NMR data to determine how sulfation around IdoA affects the ring conformations. Using NMR data and MD, we were able to determine the ratio of ring conformations in each compound. Then, I ran MD simulations of each compound where the ring was restrained in each conformation. This allowed us to study the intramolecular interactions at each conformation and avoided the issue of properly sampling IdoA ring conformations in one long simulation. Here's a link to the publication: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4944151/

Best,
David

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Cesar Avila <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi David,
thanks for your reply. I would be glad to give the new parameter set a shot on my system. I ran a quick simulation (10 ns) of the LIdopA[2S](2SO)a1-4DGlcpNS[6S]a1-4-OME using the residues OMe, UYS and 2uA (along with the proper sulfates) and adjusted the charges to those of 2uA2. Still I saw that most of the time the Irudonic ring would spend most of the time on a chair conformation. I imagined that I was missing some parameters other than the charges when building the system from 2uA. So I would deeply appreciate if along with the new parameter set you could also send me the prep files for 2uA2, so I can asses  the impact on the conformation of my molecule.
Best regards,
Cesar

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "David Thieker" <[log in to unmask]>
Para: [log in to unmask]
Enviados: Miércoles, 26 de Julio 2017 11:26:11
Asunto: Re: Residue on parm file from gag builder missing in GLYCAM_06j-1.prep

Hi Cesar,

We have finished developing GLYCAM06k and are currently testing the files
to avoid any bugs. The new version of the IdoA residue type will be
included in this update, which should be released in the next week or so.
If you need the files sooner, I can send what we have. That would also help
us with the testing.

Just let me know how urgently you need them.

Best,
David

--
David F. Thieker