Could you please send out to teachers in the Central Region for students interested in attending The University of Georgia?

Happy Monday Morning Teachers!

As the new Admissions Counselor for The University of Georgia Tifton Campus, I would love to extend an invitation to both you and your students to visit our campus. The Academic Programs offered at UGA Tifton continue to grow and we are excited to have not one, but two, new ag ed professors. Associate Professor, Dr. Barry Croom hails from NC State University with 30 years of experience and Dr. Ashley Yopp comes to us straight out of Texas A&M. They are both eager to promote ag education within the state of Georgia and to your students.

The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) is also developing an exciting new program, the Double Dawg Degree, where students can earn their Bachelor’s and Master’s in 5 years! Several degree options will be available at UGA Tifton! As this program develops, I will be sure to update you with more details.

One BIG EVENT that we have coming up for your students is ShowCAES! If you are not familiar with ShowCAES, it is a UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences recruitment event designed to expose students to opportunities within CAES (majors, study abroad, etc.). It is also our goal to provide information to help parents and students with the college decision-making process. In addition, we will also host breakout sessions focusing on the freshman and transfer application process to UGA. We would appreciate it if you would make students aware of this opportunity via the attached flyer. This event is free to attend; however we do ask students to pre-register.

UGA Southwest/Southeast ShowCAES

Who: High school and college students and parents

When: Tuesday September 19th & Thursday September 21st @ 5:30 pm (meal provided)

Where: UGA Tifton Campus Conference Center & Toombs Co Agri-center respectively

To Register: https://apply.uga.edu/portal/showCAES

The faculty at UGA Tifton are committed to the success of our students and want to invest in our future students by engaging with them. We would love to host your class, your CDE teams, your officers, or individual students for a tour of our campus or our Future Farmstead!  I would also love to come and speak at your high school FFA chapter, bring Ambassadors to your classrooms, or convey information to your guidance counselors. I am available in any way possible to help your students further their education!

I’m looking forward to working with each of you this year!

Katie

Katie Murray

Admissions Counselor, Tifton Campus

STAY CLOSE. GO FAR.