Registration is now open for the Area 1 and Area 2 Land Judging/GPS
training. We will have pits and keys to provide to teachers to work with
their students regarding the Land Judging CDE. There will also be 4 GPS
locations set up for any student that would like to practice the GPS
portion of the ENR CDE. Please go on the link provided and register the
students that you will be bringing:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHAeTuaG1eEJ-KwKy9rs7-kKfr83vF-_jBv_hLqhoPq4tHNw/viewform?usp=sf_link

The Area I land Judging Training will be held at the Cass High School in
Cartersville, Ga (1000 Colonel Way, White, GA 30184) on Tuesday, August 29.
We will judge pits located in the field behind the greenhouse and football
field. Mr. Dean and Cass High School has asked that anyone transporting
students in a bus not arrive at the school until 3:30. Pits will be ready
at 2:30 pm for anyone driving students in personal vehicles.

The Area 2 Land Judging training will be held at the field beside East
Jackson High School (Entrance is off of Water Works Road) on Thursday,
August 31. Pits will be ready at 2:30 pm.  *Please do not go to the school
or park in the school parking lot. Directions for getting to the field
are: *

From Athens, HWY 441 North to Hoods Mill Road - turn left onto Hoods Mill,
go 1.9 miles to the intersection of Hoods Mill and Water Works road; turn
left; go approximately 0.4 miles. There will be a small, narrow, paved
drive on your left. We will have a sign that says Land Judging Pits at the
road.

*Please remember to bring score cards and putty knives or other tools for
digging in the pit wall. *

*Please make sure students have gone to the restroom before the training as
restrooms may not be available. *

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher