Teachers,

Registration is now open for the Area 1 and Area 2 Land Judging/GPS training. We will have pits and keys to provide to teachers to work with their students regarding the Land Judging CDE. There will also be 4 GPS locations set up for any student that would like to practice the GPS portion of the ENR CDE. Please go on the link provided and register the students that you will be bringing:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHAeTuaG1eEJ-KwKy9rs7-kKfr83vF-_jBv_hLqhoPq4tHNw/viewform?usp=sf_link

The Area I land Judging Training will be held at the Cass High School in Cartersville, Ga (1000 Colonel Way, White, GA 30184) on Tuesday, August 29. We will judge pits located in the field behind the greenhouse and football field. Mr. Dean and Cass High School has asked that anyone transporting students in a bus not arrive at the school until 3:30. Pits will be ready at 2:30 pm for anyone driving students in personal vehicles.

The Area 2 Land Judging training will be held at the field beside East Jackson High School (Entrance is off of Water Works Road) on Thursday, August 31Pits will be ready at 2:30 pm.  Please do not go to the school or park in the school parking lot. Directions for getting to the field are:

From Athens, HWY 441 North to Hoods Mill Road - turn left onto Hoods Mill, go 1.9 miles to the intersection of Hoods Mill and Water Works road; turn left; go approximately 0.4 miles. There will be a small, narrow, paved drive on your left. We will have a sign that says Land Judging Pits at the road.

Please remember to bring score cards and putty knives or other tools for digging in the pit wall.

Please make sure students have gone to the restroom before the training as restrooms may not be available.

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher