---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Katie Murray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Aug 18, 2017 10:46 AM
Subject: New UGA Tifton Admissions Counselor
To: "Trisha Lastly" <[log in to unmask]>

This is ready to send now.

Happy Friday Morning Teachers!

As the new Admissions Counselor for The University of Georgia Tifton
Campus, I would love to extend an invitation to both you and your students
to visit our campus. The Academic Programs offered at UGA Tifton continue
to grow and we are excited to have not one, but two, new ag ed professors.
Associate Professor, Dr. Barry Croom hails from NC State University with 30
years of experience and Dr. Ashley Yopp comes to us straight out of Texas
A&M. They are both eager to promote ag education within the state of
Georgia and to your students.

The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) is also
developing an exciting new program, the *Double Dawg Degree*, where
students can earn their Bachelor’s and Master’s in 5 years! Several degree
options will be available at UGA Tifton! As this program develops, I will
be sure to update you with more details.

One *BIG EVENT* that we have coming up for your students is ShowCAES
<https://apply.uga.edu/portal/showCAES>! If you are not familiar with
ShowCAES, it is a UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
recruitment event designed to expose students to opportunities within CAES
(majors, study abroad, etc.). It is also our goal to provide information to
help parents and students with the college decision-making process. In
addition, we will also host breakout sessions focusing on the freshman and
transfer application process to UGA. We would appreciate it if you would
make students aware of this opportunity via the attached flyer. This event
is free to attend; however we do ask students to pre-register.

*UGA Southwest/Southeast ShowCAES*

*Who*: High school and college students and parents

*When*: Tuesday September 19th & Thursday September 21st @ 5:30 pm (meal
provided)

*Where*: UGA Tifton Campus Conference Center & Toombs Co Agri-center
respectively

*To Register: *https://apply.uga.edu/portal/showCAES

The faculty at UGA Tifton are committed to the success of our students and
want to invest in our future students by engaging with them. We would love
to host your class, your CDE teams, your officers, or individual students
for a tour of our campus <http://students.caes.uga.edu/campus/tifton.html>
or our Future Farmstead <http://www.futurefarmstead.org/>!  I would also
love to come and speak at your high school FFA chapter, bring Ambassadors
to your classrooms, or convey information to your guidance counselors. I am
available in any way possible to help your students further their
education!

I will be on hand to provide you with more information at the Area
teacher’s meetings next week. I’m looking forward to working with each of
you this year!

Katie

*Katie Murray*

*Admissions Counselor, Tifton Campus*

STAY CLOSE. GO FAR.

O: 229. 386.3077 <(229)%20386-3077> | C: 229.454.0239 <(229)%20454-0239>