Forty-nine students competed last night in the Floral Design CDE held at
Cass High School. I would like to thank Mr. Dean for working with us on the
facilities. I would also like to thank all the help I received setting up
from the rest of the North Region staff. I also had the best helper anyone
could ever ask for in our Area 1 Jr. Representative, Katie Bowen!

Teachers, please do me a HUGE favor. In the hurriedness of yesterday, I
forgot to pass out our newly created student and teacher survey cards.
Please print out the attached sheets and have your floral design
competitors (and any other student who competed yesterday) as well as
yourself fill out the appropriate survey.
We really want to use the data we collect to improve our CDEs.

We couldn't have done this without some very dedicated individuals who
offered up their evening to come judge the event. Ms. Kathy Deitz, Mr. Art
D'Ambrosio, and Mr. Lorenzo Cintron. We can't say thanks enough to our
judges.

Please take a moment to write a thank you note to florists who took time
away from their shops to spend with our students:

Senior Judge:
Ms. Kathy Dietz
K. Mike Whittle Designs
156 Church Street NE
Marrietta, GA 30060

Ms. Dietz also provided the ID material

Junior Judges:
Mr. Lornezo Cintron
Carney Flower Shop
1398 Canton Road
Marietta, GA 30066

Mr. Art D'Ambrosio
Northwest Georgia Technical College
One Maurice Culberson Drive
Rome, Georgia 30161

The full results are attached. The top two in each category are listed
below.
Seniors:
1st Place - Matthew Reynolds - Gordon Central High, advisor - Mrs. Trish
Williams
2nd Place - Karen Torres - North Murray High, advisor - Mrs. Ruby McCracken

Juniors:
1st Place - Penelope Hobgood - Pickens County High, advisors - Ms. Cassidy
Byess and Mr. Jason Cantrel
2nd Place - Rylee Wells - Summerville Middle, advisor - Ms. Lauren Jarrett

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
204 Four Towers
Athens, GA 30602