Registration is now open for the 2017 - 2018 North Region FFA/EMC training events. Registration will be through the events registration on the Ag. Ed. website, students must be on your FFA roster in order to participate. There will be five training events this year, please read the information provided with each training site option to determine which training site you should attend. It is important that schools attend their assigned training site. If you have not attended in the past and your school does not appear on the list, please contact me before you register online. The names of schools that are eligible to attend each training event are listed on the registration for each event as well as on an attachment to this email. Each school will be allowed to bring two students. On sight registration will be from 8:30 – 9:00 am (All students must be present by 9:00). All three components of the FFA/EMC CDE will be available at the training sites and students are strongly encouraged to participate in each one. FFA official dress is required for the Speech Demonstration. An agenda for the training events is attached.

There are 2 events in Area 1; the North Georgia/Carroll EMC event swill be at Coahulla Creek High School on Monday, October 2. The Amicalola EMC event will be at Amicalola EMC in Jasper on Wednesday, October 4.

There will be 3 training events in Area 2. The Jackson EMC event will be held at the Jefferson City School Ag. Facility on Tuesday, October 17. The Walton/Snapping Shoals/Rayle EMC event will be held Wednesday, October 18 at Walton EMC on Hwy 78 near Monroe. The Blue Ridge Mountain/Hart/Habersham EMC event will be held at Union County High Schools Ag. Facility on Thursday, October 19.

Students will need to provide their own tools; the following are the minimum tools recommended: Flat screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, 9" lineman's pliers, wire strippers, cable splicers knife, long nose pliers, cordless drill w/5/16" nut driver bit, hammer, and tape measure. Please refer to the EMC wiring brochure for more information pertaining to the event, prohibited tools, and scoring. The Wiring Brochure attached is not the final version for this year, but the information you need for the training is there.

Please register early, do not wait till the deadline. I need an accurate count on the number of students to expect in order to ensure that we have enough wiring frames and materials. Please contact me if your school name is not listed on any training site.

The following schools have registered

North Georgia/Carroll EMC Training @ Coahulla Creek
Bowdon
Ridgeland

Amicalola EMC Training
Dawson County
Gilmer County
Woodland (Bartow County)

Jackson EMC Training
Athens Christian

Walton/Snapping Shoals/Rayle EMC Training
Morgan County High
Oconee County High

Blue Ridge/Hanersham/Hart EMC Training
Habersham Central