Forty-nine students competed last night in the Floral Design CDE held at Cass High School. I would like to thank Mr. Dean for working with us on the facilities. I would also like to thank all the help I received setting up from the rest of the North Region staff. I also had the best helper anyone could ever ask for in our Area 1 Jr. Representative, Katie Bowen!

Teachers, please do me a HUGE favor. In the hurriedness of yesterday, I forgot to pass out our newly created student and teacher survey cards. Please print out the attached sheets and have your floral design competitors (and any other student who competed yesterday) as well as yourself fill out the appropriate survey.
We really want to use the data we collect to improve our CDEs.

We couldn't have done this without some very dedicated individuals who offered up their evening to come judge the event. Ms. Kathy Deitz, Mr. Art D'Ambrosio, and Mr. Lorenzo Cintron. We can't say thanks enough to our judges.

Please take a moment to write a thank you note to florists who took time away from their shops to spend with our students:

Senior Judge:
Ms. Kathy Dietz
K. Mike Whittle Designs
156 Church Street NE
Marrietta, GA 30060

Ms. Dietz also provided the ID material

Junior Judges:
Mr. Lornezo Cintron
Carney Flower Shop
1398 Canton Road
Marietta, GA 30066

Mr. Art D'Ambrosio
Northwest Georgia Technical College
One Maurice Culberson Drive
Rome, Georgia 30161

The full results are attached. The top two in each category are listed below.
Seniors:
1st Place - Matthew Reynolds - Gordon Central High, advisor - Mrs. Trish Williams
2nd Place - Karen Torres - North Murray High, advisor - Mrs. Ruby McCracken

Juniors:
1st Place - Penelope Hobgood - Pickens County High, advisors - Ms. Cassidy Byess and Mr. Jason Cantrel
2nd Place - Rylee Wells - Summerville Middle, advisor - Ms. Lauren Jarrett

Josh AllenĀ
North Region Ag Education
204 Four Towers
Athens, GA 30602