Teachers,

On March 23 & 24, 2018 ABAC will be hosting the 61st Forestry Conclave.

The Forestry Conclave, is a competitive event started by forestry students in our state for forestry students of the south.

Conclave events are similar, but unlike our Forestry Field Day Events; college students from southern forestry schools compete in both physical and technical events that include: archeryaxe throwingpole climbing, log rolling, bow sawing, log birling, cross-cut saw, dendrologytimber volume estimation, photogrammetrywood identification, and others.

Also at the conclave, Stihl Timbersports will host the Southern Collegiate Qualifier for their Lumberjack Competition Series. Disciplines include Hot Saw, Single Buck, Springboard Chop, Standing Block Chop, Stock Saw and Underhand Chop.

If you and your students do not qualify for the State FFA CDE Day - (North) on the University of Georgia Campus, Athens, I hope you will make plans to travel to ABAC.  This will be a great opportunity for your students to visit campus (complimentary lunch provided on Fridayand learn more about the forestry program.

More information will be sent regarding this event.  In the meantime if you have any questions, please contact Dr. Darby Sewell at [log in to unmask], Acting Dean for the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources.

Save the Date:

WHAT: 61st Annual Forestry Conclave

WHEN: March 23-24, 2018

WHERE: ABAC – Tifton, GA