Teachers,

The state Meats Evaluation CDE was held this past weekend at the University of Georgia. Rosters have been checked and the results are considered official.

A special Thank You goes to the state Agricultural Educations staff (Mr. Ricky Wheeler, Mr. Tommy Waldrop and Mr. Kent Benson), as well as the UGA Animal Science department (Dr. Dean Pringle) for their work coordinating a top-notch event. The results are listed below and a complete tally sheet of scores is attached.

Senior Division
1st place team – Perry (advisor: Mr. Kyle Dekle)
2nd place team – Veterans (advisor: Mr. Jeff Wilson)
3rd place team – Bainbridge (advisor: Dr. Farish Mulkey)

1st place individual – Cassidy Horton (Veterans)
2nd place individual – Jayson Wisekal (Perry)
3rd place individual – Evan Rimedio (Perry)

Junior Division
1st place team – Veterans (advisor: Mr. Jeff Wilson)
2nd place team – Oconee County (advisors: Mr. John Collins & Mrs. Chelsea Begnaud)
3rd place team – Bainbridge (advisor: Mr. Mark Lashley)

1st place individual – Olivia Clary (Veterans)
2nd place individual – McGinnis Harvey (Oconee County)
3rd place individual – Walker Gill (Brantley County)

Finally, in an effort to always offer CDEs that meet the needs of our members, our staff is committed to seeking feedback from our stakeholders who experience these CDEs. We value your impact, and we ask that you and your students take a few minutes to use the links below to share your thoughts. Please keep in mind that these surveys are designed to help make our events better, not necessarily air grievances. If you have a grievance, please contact me or the appropriate CDE superintendent. Otherwise, we ask that all students and teachers who participate in the state Meats Evaluation CDE take a moment to share any feedback (positive or constructive) that will help make our events better. Please feel free to share this student survey link with your students.

Student Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VoGxwUPfOvSBjSjvREqBGOKAXxn38WKmIiSwbTowz3M/edit
Advisor Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ib2Lb8QJFCIt7CShI7Zb3-wabEUn0QRkYzx_aKdPraE/edit

Thank you for your hard work and commitment to your students. I appreciate each of you.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA