Teachers,

Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC) will host state CDEs on December 1-2 in Tifton. The state competition of the following CDEs will be held at ABAC.

Dairy Evaluation (Superintendent: Mr. Tommy Waldrop)
Environmental/Natural Resources (Superintendent: Mr. Shawn Collins)
Farm Business Management (Superintendent: Mr. Ira Tucker)
FFA Quiz (Superintendent: Mr. Ben Lastly)
Floral Design (Superintendent: Mrs. Trisha Lastly)
Job Interview (Superintendent: Mrs. Erin Nessmith)
Tractor Operations & Maintenance (Superintendent: Mr. Jerry Stone)

AGENDA
The agenda for the CDEs being held at ABAC on December 1-2 is attached. Please review the agenda carefully. Some of the CDEs begin on Friday afternoon, and continue on Saturday. Be sure that you and your students are prepared for the schedule of your CDE(s). If you have any questions, feel free to reach out either to me, or the appropriate CDE Superintendent.

MAP OF ABAC CAMPUS
Click on this link to see an map of the ABAC campus: http://www.abac.edu/future-students/visiting-campus/campus-map

AWARD ASSEMBLY
As we did last year, each CDE will be conducted on its own schedule. At 2:00 p.m. all CDE contestants will gather together in front of the ABAC Alumni House for the award presentations. Banners and medals will be presented to the top three teams and individuals in each CDE. Results will not be shared prior to the award assembly. I encourage all chapters to stick around for the excitement of the award assembly, and ask that students be in their official FFA dress for the award presentations.

CDE DETAILS & GUIDELINES
In order to be fully prepared for each respective CDE, please be sure that you and your students review the state CDE guidelines (http://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=61). I also encourage you to follow up with the appropriate CDE Superintendent to be sure that you are aware of all parts of the CDE. Some CDEs have different pieces from the Area level to the State level. If you have not already received information from the Superintendent of the CDE your students qualified in, you will soon. You are welcome (and encouraged) to reach out to the Superintendents with questions.

ABAC CDE T-SHIRT
This is an FFA/AgEd gathering, so, of course, we have a t-shirt to commemorate the event! Earlier this week (11/13) information was sent from Mrs. Trisha Lastly with instructions on ordering ABAC CDE t-shirts. T-shirt orders are due by November 21. The link to the online order form is below.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER ABAC CDE SHIRTS

If you have any additional questions, or need additional information about the ABAC state CDEs, please call me. I hope that you have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving season. I look forward to seeing many of you in Tifton on December 1-2.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA