Congratulations to all of the teams that participated in the Area 1 Middle School and Senior Lawnmower CDE's held yesterday at UGA. Special thanks to Mr. Jeff Wilkes for his assistance with setting up the courses and with scoring. I would also like to thank Area 2 FFA Officers Corey Yarbrough and Hannah Watkins for their assistance. The mowers for the Senior CDEwere provided by Howard Brothers of Athens. Please consider having your student send them a thank you letter. Their address is:
1675 Commerce Rd, Athens, GA 30607. Both CDE's are sponsored by Blalock Machinery and our contact is Mr. Stacy Durden. You may send thank you letters to Mr. Durden at:
Blalock Machinery
500 Jerry Steele Ln
McDonough, GA 30253

Scores have been checked and FFA membership verified, the top two individuals from each CDE will represent Area 2 at the State Lawnmower CDE's in February at Fort Valley State University.

Middle School Lawnmower
1st Place - Larson Craft,  Hart County Middle, Advisor Mr.Nathan Heaton
2nd Place - Michael Bruce Union County Middle, Advisor Ms.Christina Dills

Senior Lawnmower
1st Place - Luke Perdue        Madison County High School, Advisor Mr.Josh Daniel
2nd Place - Luke Dickens Oconee County High School, Advisor Mrs.Chelsea Begnaud

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher