Ag Teachers,

Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC) hosted ten state CDEs this past weekend in Tifton. More than 300 Georgia FFA members visited the ABAC and UGA-Tifton campuses on Friday and Saturday to compete in the Dairy Evaluation (Jr & Sr), Environmental/Natural Resources (Jr & Sr), FFA Quiz, Farm Business Management, Floral Design (Jr & Sr), Job Interview and Tractor Operations CDEs. Membership has been confirmed, and the results are considered official. The top three finishers in each CDE are listed below, and a complete sets of results for each CDE are attached.

A special Thank You goes to Mr. Paul Willis and all of the ABAC staff, faculty, students and personnel who made the weekend possible with their hospitality. Another big Thank You goes to Mr. Ira Tucker and the entire South Region AgEd team for coordinating facilities and the logistics of each event. Finally, thank you to the state AgEd staff who carried out each CDE.

SURVEY
Throughout this year I hope that you have noticed an effort by our state AgEd staff to solicit feedback from our customers, our teachers and students. We value the opportunity to improve our events by listening to your feedback. Please use the links below to compete a survey about competing our CDEs. There is an advisor survey and a student survey. Please share the students survey link with your students who competed in state CDEs this past weekend.

Student Survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VoGxwUPfOvSBjSjvREqBGOKAXxn38WKmIiSwbTowz3M/edit
Advisor Survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ib2Lb8QJFCIt7CShI7Zb3-wabEUn0QRkYzx_aKdPraE/edit

RESULTS

Dairy Evaluation CDE – Senior Division
1st place team – Houston County (advisor: Dr. Ronnie Thomas)
2nd place team – Brantley County (advisor: Mr. Richard Gill)
3rd place team – Oconee County (advisors: Mr. John Collins & Mrs. Chelsea Begnaud)

1st place individual – Lawton Harris (Piedmont Academy)
2nd place individual – Victoria Wright (Franklin County)
3rd place individual – Grace Thomas (Houston County)

Dairy Evaluation CDE – Junior Division
1st place team – Franklin County Middle (advisor: Anna Watkins)
2nd place team – Gilmer County (advisors: Paul Little & David Bushey)
3rd place team – Brantley County Middle (advisor: Dr. Krista Morris)

1st place individual – Canyon Randall (Franklin County Middle)
2nd place individual – Tylar Leamon (LaFayette Middle)
3rd place individual – Carolyn Day (Oconee County Middle)

Environmental/Natural Resources CDE – Senior division
1st place team -  Banks County High (advisor: Kipp Jackson)
2nd place team – Heritage High (advisor: Megan Shearer)
3rd place team – White County High (advisor: Amanda Keener)

1st place individual – Nicholas Moore (Heritage High)
2nd place individual – Fisher Armour (Banks County)
3rd place individual – Parker Sheridan (Banks County)

Environmental/Natural Resources CDE – Junior Division
1st place team – Banks County High (advisor: Kipp Jackson)
2nd place team – Appling Middle(advisor: Ricky Barns)
3rd place team – Bagley Middle (advisor: Nelson McCracken)

1st place individual – Walker Gill (Brantley County)
2nd place individual – Madison Darcus (Banks County)
3rd place individual – Jesse Nicholson (Banks County)

FFA Quiz CDE
1st place – Josh Bruner (North Murray)
2nd place – Belle Pritchard (Worth County)
3rd place – Parker Fleming (Pickens County)

Farm Business Management CDE
1st place team – Wayne County (advisor: Michael Kirkland)
2nd place team – White County (advisor: Amanda Keener)
3rd place team – Gilmer County (advisors: Paul Little & David Bushey)

1st place individual – Aaron Clary (Wayne County)
2nd place individual – Dalton Beasley (Wayne County)
3rd place individual – Chandler Barrett (White County)

Floral Design CDE – Senior Division
1st place – Justin Sandlin (Echols County)
2nd place – Kaitlyn Hart (Colquitt County)
3rd place – Amber Autry (Dawson County)

Floral Design CDE – Junior Division
1st place – Abbi Vaughn (Coffee Freshman-GWC)
2nd place – Dani Stodghill (Coffee County Middle)
3rd place – Ella Wright (Habersham 9th Grade)

Job Interview
1st place – Vaidehi Patel (Colquitt County)
2nd place – Emily Leonard (Echols County)
3rd place – Marin Lonnee (Oconee County)

Tractor Operations CDE

1st place – Jackson Buchanan (Bainbridge)
2nd place – Andy Brownell (Pickens County)
3rd place – Garrett Morgan (White County)

Congratulations to these, and all students who participated in CDEs at ABAC.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA