Dear Georgia AgEd & FFA,

The first round of State FFA CDE’s was a tremendous success and I would like to express sincere appreciation to everyone for making it an excellent event. The host for this event is an incredible friend and supporter. ABAC definitely provided a great opportunity for students this past weekend. Dr. Flanders, Dr. McHugh, and all the AgEd students at ABAC that helped and even provided a hospitality room, THANK YOU for the continued support of Georgia FFA. I am also very proud of the State AgEd staff for the work that they do and the efforts they put forth to always make Georgia FFA the best.

One of the most impressive moments during the 2017 Georgia FFA CDE’s at ABAC was the culmination event that took place Saturday at 2:00 p.m. I would like to express my deepest appreciation to those Ag Teachers and FFA Members that demonstrated true class and dignity during the announcement of awards. Your attendance was definitely noted. Mr. Paul Willis, the finance director for ABAC was on hand to witness the event and could not say enough great things about the students and teachers of AgEd in Georgia. By putting in a little additional time for this award ceremony, it not only made a great impression on the administrators at ABAC, but it also sets the tone for our students to demonstrate the meaning of sportsmanship. It was a notable impression to witness the fellowship and support for success in AgEd that was demonstrated by the great crowd of people that attended the ceremony. This activity provided a way to celebrate the success of some great FFA members, but I was especially proud to witness the number of times FFA members across the State would go up and congratulate the award winners after the ceremony. Activities and events like this make me proud to be associated with Georgia AgEd and FFA. Thanks for making a positive difference.

John (Chip) Bridges

Program Manager, Agricultural Education

Georgia Department of Education

1752 Twin Towers East