I want to thank everyone that helped with the Agriculture Communications CDE, along with ABAC, and Wayne County Agriculture Teachers for hosting the event. The top two teams will advance to the State CDE to be held in March at UGA.

*Notes
The editing quiz counted 25 points
The written test counted 25 points
The maximum score for an individual was 50 points
The maximum team score was 200 points

Tip from 2016: the correct editing marks must be used in the text  to show suggested correction.
Tip from 2017: the correct editing marks must be used in the text  to show suggested correction.
Tip for 2018: the correct editing marks must be used in the text  to show suggested correction.

- I ask that both you and your students fill out the event survey links so we may improve our event; remember 2018 is a CDE revision year.

 AG COM Advisor Survey

AG COM Student Survey

Please thank the following individuals appropriately help in the hosting of our events.

Area 5:
Cathy Cooper (Senior Administrative Assistant)
ABAC 2802 Moore Highway, Tifton, GA 31793

Dr. Sewell (Inerm Ag Division Department Head)
ABAC 2802 Moore Highway, Tifton, GA 31793

Area 6

Wayne County High School Agriculture Department
Reggie Beasley, Michael Kirkland, Michael Schwartz
1 Jacket Drive, Jesup, GA 31545

AREA 5
The winners are:
1st place Pataula Charter High and advisor  Catherine Bodiford

2nd place Tift County High and advisor Lynne Cook

AREA 6
The winners are:
1st place Camden County High and advisor Erin Lee

2nd place TIE
Liberty County High and advisor Lindsey Martin
Long County High and advisor Helen Young

-The tie was broken by the highest team combined Communications Quiz score.

Long County High is second place after the tie breaker

Congratulations to the winners and good luck at the State CDE.

Complete results are attached.

--
Shawn S. Collins
South Region Agriculture Education