Irrigation 101 - Irrigation Training for Ag Educators

Date: TUESDAY, Feb 13, 2018

Location: UGA Griffin Campus - 1109 Experiment St, Griffin, GA 30223

Instructor: Greg Huber / Center for Urban Ag

Description: Irrigation and water management skills are essential to every Urban Ag professional. In this workshop, participants will assemble the basic components of a system, review watering principles and proper scheduling, and discuss considerations in disease management and protecting water sources from pesticide and fertilizer contamination.

Irrigation Training for Ag Educators

TUESDAY, FEB 13TH 2018

8:30-9am                     Check in

9am-11am                  PART I – Introduction to Irrigation Systems & Components

·         Overview of Irrigation Methods

·         Components of an Irrigation System

·         Hands-on Irrigation Assembly

11am-noon                  PART II – Watering Principles

·         Plant physiology and water use

·         Principles of watering

·         Principles of water distribution

·         Scheduling Factors

Noon                            LUNCH

1pm-4pm                    PART III – Field Tour of Irrigation Systems

·         Greenhouse Irrigation Systems

·         Field Nursery Irrigation

·         Turfgrass Irrigation

·         Landscape Drip Irrigation