Ag Teachers,

Each year the Georgia FFA and 4-H identify six young people who embody the great things about the junior livestock program, and we highlight these students and their stories as Jr. Livestock Student Spotlights in the Georgia Jr. National Livestock Show catalog. A student is highlighted in five species: swine, beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, and goat; and the sixth student is an All Around exhibitor who has experience in multiple species. Again this year we received an outstanding group of new applicants and the decision was a difficult one.

What we are looking for are students who are the epitome of hard work, fair play, character, and project growth. Regardless of the color ribbons they win, or the size of their operation, we want to spotlight those who define all that is good about the junior livestock program.

We are proud to announce that the following individuals will be recognized in the 2018 Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Catalog.

All Around:         Brett Dyer, Dade 4-H
Beef:                    Cameron Watts, Commerce FFA
Sheep:                 Miller Hayes, Decatur 4-H
Swine:                  Courtney Conine, Pelham FFA
Goat:                    John Gore, Putnam FFA
Dairy:                   Lawton Harris, Piedmont Academy FFA

If you have a youth that was selected to be recognized for this year’s show catalog, I will be in touch with you to request some information for the catalog (pictures, quotes, stories, etc…)    Thank you to each agricultural education teacher that nominated students for the Jr. Livestock Student Spotlight.  If you submitted a great student who was not selected, I encourage you to keep their application, update it and submit them again next year.

Thank you again and congratulations to those that were selected and nominated for their outstanding accomplishments through the Georgia youth livestock program.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA