Teachers,

Happy New Year, and welcome to 2018! I hope that you and your families had a blessed and happy holiday season. It is time to start the second half of our “busy time” in Agricultural Education. I look forward to what the spring semester holds for you and your students.

I’m writing to update you on some changes in the State FFA Office. As you heard in December, Mrs. Erin Nessmith has taken another job opportunity, and is no longer working in our office. As sad as it is to see Erin go, I am proud of the work that she did and the impact she made on our Association. The FFA Leadership Program Manager position will be opened for applications in the coming weeks and information will be shared via this listserv. In the meantime, I am excited to announce that beginning today, January 2, Ms. Makinizi Hoover will be stepping in to handle many of the duties that the FFA Leadership Program Manager position on an interim basis. Makinizi is a former state FFA officer from Burke County. She is a senior at the University of Georgia, graduating this May. Makinizi will handle all work on our leadership conferences, and be a big help in preparation for the State FFA Convention. Makinizi is very bright, and will do a tremendous job for us. I am excited to have her on our team.

As deadlines approach for Discovery Conference, Greenhand Jamboree and Success Conference, you will begin to see email’s from Makinizi with information about those events (i.e. registration information, invoices, deposits, etc…) Please give those emails the necessary attention if you plan to involve students in those events.  If there were other things in the past that you reached out to Erin Nessmith for, please direct those questions either to Makinizi to me. Makinizi’s contact information is listed below.

Makinzi Hoover
Office: (706) 552-4457

Thank you for the work that you have and will continue to pour into your students. Best wishes for a successful 2018!

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA