The Area 6 Middle and High School Lawnmower Career Development Events were held yesterday at Brantley County Middle School and we had a good turn out and ate plenty of pizza-YUM YUM!!!

I want to thank Mrs. Krista Morris and the students of the of Brantley Middle FFA for their help with setting up the driving courses as well as their hospitality.

Chad Crews and Richard Gill for their help setting up the courses as well.

Big thanks to Principal Chris Harris and Assistant Principal Biff Lee for their help with conducting the Problem Solving and the Exam portions of the CDE!

I would also like to thank Mr. Shawn Collins for his assistance and help with the judging of yesterday's contest!!!

If you see any of these people give them a huge thank you!!!

The top 2 from each event will represent Area 6 at the State Lawnmower CDE which will be held on February 10th in Ft. Valley. More details will be coming later.

Congratulations to the following FFA members for advancing to the State CDE!!!

Middle School
1st Place:  Christian O' Quinn of the Brantley Middle FFA, Advisor Krista Morris
2nd Place: Caleb Griffin of the Bacon County Middle FFA, Advisor Edmund Thrift

High School
1st Place: Stanley Rush of the McIntosh Academy FFA, Advisor Tony White
2nd Place: Collin Curry of the Berrien Co. High FFA, Advisor Blake Kendrick

Please see attachment for a complete list of results.

--

Jerry Stone

Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education