See:  Science and Innovation Network (SINtern)

View Vacancy - Science and Innovation Network Intern

The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer.  We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.

Job Category

Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)

Job Subcategory

Science and Innovation

Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)

The Science and Innovation (S&I) Network in Atlanta seeks a Science and Innovation Intern to provide administrative and project support. The Atlanta S&I team is responsible for maintaining the UK government’s science and innovation interests in the US states of Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina in addition to Puerto Rico. The successful candidate will join the Head of Science and Innovation for the southeast at the UK consulate in Atlanta. The Atlanta team is one of 7 S&I teams throughout the US coordinated by the British Embassy in Washington, DC. Globally, the UK S&I network comprises 90 officers in 46 cities around the world.

The work of the UK S&I network is guided by the following objectives:

More information on the role and work of the UK Science & Innovation network is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/uk-science-and-innovation-network.

Duties and Responsibilities:

This will include relationship management, stakeholder engagement, event communications, and event delivery.

Essential qualifications, skills and experience

Under US State requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders, A or J1 Visa holders with valid Work Authorization Documents. If you hold a Visa other than an A or J1 Visa you are not eligible to work at the Embassy. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.

Required competencies  Collaborating and Partnering

Application deadline  3 January 2018

Grade  Internship

Type of Position  Intern

Region  N. America, Caribbean and British Overseas Territories

Country/Territory  United States

Location (City)  Atlanta

Type of Post  British Consulate General

Number of vacancies  1

Stipend / Allowance  $100 per month

Start Date  5 March 2018

End Date  1 June 2018

Other benefits and conditions of employment

This program offers internships for 15-25 hours per week during the semester. These are unpaid internships, for college credit only, but the Embassy does provide a stipend of $100 per month for transportation costs. This internship will start on 5 March 2018 and end on 1 June 2018.

Additional information

Resume and a cover letter should be submitted by 3 January 2018. Please note in your cover letter if you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.

The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce.  We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other category protected by law.

Colleen P. Larson
Office of International Education | Education Abroad Advisor

International Education Building | 1324 S. Lumpkin Street | Athens, GA 30602
706-542-2900 | [log in to unmask] | goabroad.uga.edu | Schedule Advising Appointment

University of Georgia

Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn Youtube Snapchat

Thank you for working with Education Abroad at UGA. To learn more about study abroad opportunities, please visit http://goabroad.uga.edu.