Registration for the Area 1 and Area 2 Ag. Mechanics CDE's is now open. The Area 1 CDE will be held at Dawson County High School on Tuesday, February 13, 2018. Area 2 will be held at Oglethorpe County High School on Thursday, February 15. Both events will be ready for students by 2:30 p.m., teams must be present by 4:30. Please refer to the Ag. Mechanics CDE Guidelines and the Ag. Mechanics CDE Description on the Ag. Ed. website for this years activities.

Registration will close for Area 1 and Area 2 this Friday, Feb. 8 at 11:59 p.m. Please register before the deadline so I can make sure that I have the correct amount of printed material.

Students must have the following tools/equipment to participate:

Approved safety glasses
Welding gloves
Welding helmet minimum #10 shaded lens
Long sleeve cover/welding jacket/sleeve protection
Closed toe boots
Slag hammer & wire brush
Calculator
Pencils & colored pencils or 4 color pen (Red, Black, Blue & Green) set for each student.

It is highly recommended that students bring their own welding electrodes for welding 1/8" steel plate. The weld joint will be either a  Butt, Tee, Lap, or Pipe joint.

The following schools have a team registered:

Area 1
Bowdon
Dawson County
Murray County