Congratulations to all the students that competed in the Area 1 Wildlife CDE yesterday. We had 25 Junior Teams and 31 Senior Teams compete at Pickens County High School.

*The top 2 teams have earned their spot to compete at the State Career Development event in Athens on March 24th.

A special thanks to our judges for sharing their time and expertise:

Mr. Bill Lott - Manager of the Thompson Mill Arboretum.

Mr. John Seginak - retired UGA Wildlife Biologist

Pickens County High School (Jason Cantrell and Cassidy Byess) for hosting the event.

All of the FFA advisors that helped with the scoring and entering of the scores on the computer.Without your help yesterday's contest could not have ran as smoothly as it did.

Area 1 Wildlife Results

*Jr. Team Winners*

1st - Bagley Middle School (Advisor: Nelson McCracken)

2nd - Gilmer County High School (Advisor: Bushy/Little)

The high scoring individuals in each event were:
Game Bird -Luke Floyd- Rockmart High School
Aquatic - Nathan Ruis- Liberty Middle School
Deer Management - Gage Massengil - LaFayette Middle School
General I.D. -Heath Stover- Gilmer County High School

*Sr. Team Winners* **

1st -  LaFayette High School (Advisor: Michael Gardner)

2nd-  Heritage High School (Advisor: Megan Shearer)

The high scoring individuals in each event were:
Game Bird - Taylor Dyer- Heritage High School
Aquatic - Nicholas Moore- Heritage High School
Deer Management - Devin Clark - LaFayette High School
General I.D. -  Cheyanne Hamilton - LaFayette High School

Results are official and rosters have been verified. Complete results are attached.

--
Brandon Ray
North Region Forestry Teacher