Take a few moments to read through this email as you prepare for POW
evaluations in the upcoming days.  This email is directed at Area 3 & 4
teachers.  First year teachers will receive instructions regarding their
FY18 evaluations directly from their area teacher.

Area 3 teachers will conduct POW evaluations with local
administration/personnel this fiscal year per instructions from Mr.
Corzine.  An email containing specific information and the form to complete
was sent to you on March 20.  Those forms and the printed/signed POW are
due to the office by Friday, April 13, 2018.

Area 4 teachers will conduct POW evaluations on-site in Swainsboro at
Southeastern Tech on Wednesday, April 11, 2018.  Mr. Corzine sent an email
with instructions for signing up for a time slot in an email sent to you on
March 20.

Both Area 3 and Area 4 teachers are instructed to complete an FY18 POW
notebook containing all your supporting documents.  Area 3 teachers will
use that notebook during their evaluation process and Area 4 teachers are
instructed to bring that notebook with them on April 11.

*FY18 Program of Work Notebook Instructions*

General:

   - it is recommended that you have a 3-ring binder containing documents
   of proof for each of the items contained in the POW - having those items
   tabbed will speed up the process
   - We have record of some items like CDE participation, monthly report
   completion (and whether they were completed on time), FFA Membership,
   etc... (explained in greater detail below)
   - We do not have documentation of other items - You will need to provide
   documentation of those items (FFA Meeting documentation will be a copy of
   official meeting minutes)
   - *If your notebook does not contain the required documentation for a
   specific item - you will receive a "no" on your evaluation for FY18*
   - As you complete your notebooks, remember, they contain over 80% of the
   required documentation for Industry Certification

Specific:

   1. print and include a copy of your teaching certificate
   2. a signed statement from your school administrator will validate item
   3. include a copy of the Ag Ed Teacher's Creed
   4. GVATA membership payment receipt - we have record
   5. we have record - you can include a signed statement that you attended
   all area meetings
   6. GVATA memberhip payment receipt - we have record
   7. GVATA midwinter receipt - we have record
   8. advisory committee meeting minutes listing dates and member names
   9. copy of monthly report summary - we have record
   10. print CTAERN class record from previous summer event
   11. copy of class schedule
   12. copy of class schedule
   13. copy of course calendar and syllabi
   14. copy of lesson plans (one for each course)
   15. copy of FFA lesson plan
   16. copy of Leadership lesson plan
   17. copy of record keeping lesson plan
   18. copy of enrollment - we have record
   19. gradebook with SAE grades or AET printout of student SAE (60% of
   enrollment total will have SAE)
   20. Bring actual student record book
   21. monthly reports, examples of Visit, pictures (lots of options here)
   22. copy of submitted proficiency signature page - we have record
   23. copy of meeting minutes - we have record
   24. copy of roster - we have record
   25. copy of POA/budget - we have record
   26. copy of local COLT agenda - we have record of state participation
   27. copy of roster - we have record
   28. copy of minutes
   29. copy of news article, etc... - we have record if you submit an
   observance award
   30. copy of news article, etc...
   31. copy of state convention registration - we will check delegate
   status at convention
   32. copy of state degree signature page - we have record
   33. banquet program/agenda/invitation
   34. NCA copy - we have record
   35. for CDEs you can print a copy of the results sent out by area
   teachers - be aware of requirements (5 total, 2 team and 2 leadership) - we
   have record
   36. copy of registration for specific event/conference/activity
   37. picture, signed statement by administrator, etc...
   38. signed statement by teacher/admin
   39. copy of schedule (refer to items 11 & 12)
   40. copy of supply budget, signed statement by teacher/admin
   41. same as 40 but specific to equipment
   42. picture of computer lab, signed statement by teacher/admin
   43. picture of office, signed statement by teacher/admin
   44. picture, equipment list, signed statement
   45. picture, signed statement (greenhouse for plant science, laboratory
   for mechanics, etc...)
   46. picture, signed statement
   47. signed statement
   48. copy of minutes, roster (items 23 & 24)
   49. copy of schedule (items 11 & 12)
   50. signed statement - we have record

Specific Local Items 37 - 50 that mention a signed statement of positive
affirmation from your administrator or yourself may have a list of all
items on a single sheet of paper with admin signature.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Kevin

--
Kevin Jump