 Congratulations to all the students who competed in one of the most
intimidating events offered. Twenty-two students from Area 1 developed
their leadership skills by conducting themselves in a professional manner
while discussing current topic affecting Georgia agriculture.
I can not express enough thanks to Mrs. Emilia Jackson for securing rooms
and judges for this event. Without support from our host teacher this event
would not have been possible.

The following students made the final round yesterday. The top two will
represent Area 1 in the State FFA Discussion Meet on April 27th as part of
the Georgia FFA Convention in Macon. Full results are attached.

*Preston Nave- LaFayette High (advisor, Michael Gardner) 1st Place*
*Alexis Parson - North Murray High (advisor, Ruby McCracken) 2nd Place*
Amara White - Gordon Central High
Luke Ray - Haralson County High
Chase Ledgerwood - Alexander High
Satya Thota - Cambridge High