Congratulations to all the students who competed in one of the most intimidating events offered. Twenty-two students from Area 1 developed their leadership skills by conducting themselves in a professional manner while discussing current topic affecting Georgia agriculture.
I can not express enough thanks to Mrs. Emilia Jackson for securing rooms and judges for this event. Without support from our host teacher this event would not have been possible.

The following students made the final round yesterday. The top two will represent Area 1 in the State FFA Discussion Meet on April 27th as part of the Georgia FFA Convention in Macon. Full results are attached.

Preston Nave- LaFayette High (advisor, Michael Gardner) 1st Place
Alexis Parson - North Murray High (advisor, Ruby McCracken) 2nd Place
Amara White - Gordon Central High
Luke Ray - Haralson County High
Chase Ledgerwood - Alexander High
Satya Thota - Cambridge High