The South Region, Top Gun Weld-Off was held today at ABAC and the competition was AWESOME!!!! The Top Gun winner will receive a $1000.00 ABAC scholarship which is sponsored by Jimmy and Ann Grubbs and Bobby and Judy Perry.

I would like to thank the following individuals for the help they provided today:
   Melvin Thompson - Cutting Judge -- Retired Ag Education
   Jimmy Grubbs - Brazing Judge -- Retired ABAC Instructor
   Tim Hobbs - SMAW Judge -- CTAE Director Colquitt County Schools
   Von Peavy - GMAW Judge -- ABAC Tifton

Congratulations to Hinkley Hood of the Ware County FFA, advisor Danny Bartlett, for winning the South Region Top Gun Weld-Off.

Also, I would like to recognize Ben Lee of the Brantley County FFA, advisor Chad Crews for finishing in 2nd place,
and Brandon Jenkins of the Bainbridge FFA, advisor Mark Lashley for finishing in 3rd place.

See attachment for complete results.

--

Jerry Stone

Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher