 Hello all my hard working South Region Agriculture Teachers gearing up for
the 90th State FFA Convention!!!!

On our South Region Calendar you may have noticed a State Convention Dry Run
on April 3rd. The information for the dry run or practice day is listed
below. Please fill out the google doc at your earliest convenience *(by
March 30th)* so that we may plan for judges and space.

This event is not mandatory. It is however, a tool for you to use with your
students moving on to the State Convention to compete. We hope that it will
be helpful and allow you to get some good feedback with a few weeks to
practice back in your home chapters. Let's not forget that 19 out of 20
South Region State Proficiency Finalist winners received help before they
interviewed at the State FFA Convention.  And 4 out 4 National Winners from
the South Region also received help before they interviewed in INDY.

*What:*
South Region State Convention Dry Run (practice)
*This will simulate the real event - we will have judges, feedback and will
keep time *

*Who is Invited:*
South Region students that will be competing at the State FFA Convention in
a CDE or interviewing for a proficiency area -- all State Proficiency
Finalists and CDEs competing at the State FFA Convention which includes
Parli Pro, CCM, Discussion Meet and ALL Public Speaking CDEs.

*When:*
April 3rd

*Where:*
UGA Tifton Campus NESPAL Building (map is attached)

*What Time:*
CDEs Practice 12 PM - 3 PM
Proficiency Interview Practice 3 PM - 5 PM
**if you have both a CDE student/team and a proficiency finalist
you may get done before 3 PM**

*What do we Wear:*
Official Dress (this is to simulate the real event)

*What do I need to Bring:*
A copy of your speech, proficiency application or creed and a POSITIVE
ATTITUDE!

*Registration LINK HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-g7K_N_VIBxujcWfMd0QvZp75k_L1y6IDeIPh1_bQ9k3mbw/viewform>*

Thank you for providing the best opportunities to your students! WE THE
South Region want to as prepared as possible for the LAST State CDEs held
this school year!

Those who have signed up as of 3/27/18:
Worth County High Blaize Bridges w/ Luke Gwines State Proficiency Finalist
Interview Practice
Williams Middle School Brittany Gibbs Junior Prepared CDE Practice
NEC - Tift County High School Micheal Lee Barnes and Ashton Wheelus
(Student Teacher) Parliamentary Procedure CDE Practice
Miller County FFA Emily Wheeler, Bert Bodiford State Proficiency Finalist
Interview Practice
Irwin FFA S. Johnson State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Cairo High School R. Harrison Discussion Meet CDE Practice
Wilcox Addie Tucker State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Berrien middle Luke’s Nichols dad Carl will be with him Junior Prepared CDE
Practice
Whigham Tracy Champagne Creed Speaking CDE Practice
Colquitt County Adrienne Smith
Discussion Meet CDE Practice, State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Ware County High Eric Hickox State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Tift County High School FFA Brittaney Schwing
Senior Prepared CDE Practice, Parliamentary Procedure CDE Practice
Coffee High Atkinson/Rogers State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Jeff Davis High School FFA Cody herndon State Proficiency Finalist
Interview Practice
CA Gray Middle Jamie Hunter Junior Prepared CDE Practice
Lee County High FFA Rebecca Sapp
Extemporaneous Public Speaking CDE Practice, State Proficiency Finalist
Interview Practice
Thomas County Central High Nikki Smith

--
*Trisha Rae Lastly *