Hello all my hard working South Region Agriculture Teachers gearing up for the 90th State FFA Convention!!!!

On our South Region Calendar you may have noticed a State Convention Dry Run on April 3rd. The information for the dry run or practice day is listed below. Please fill out the google doc at your earliest convenience (by March 30th) so that we may plan for judges and space.

This event is not mandatory. It is however, a tool for you to use with your students moving on to the State Convention to compete. We hope that it will be helpful and allow you to get some good feedback with a few weeks to practice back in your home chapters. Let's not forget that 19 out of 20 South Region State Proficiency Finalist winners received help before they interviewed at the State FFA Convention.  And 4 out 4 National Winners from the South Region also received help before they interviewed in INDY.

What:
South Region State Convention Dry Run (practice)
This will simulate the real event - we will have judges, feedback and will keep time

Who is Invited:
South Region students that will be competing at the State FFA Convention in a CDE or interviewing for a proficiency area -- all State Proficiency Finalists and CDEs competing at the State FFA Convention which includes Parli Pro, CCM, Discussion Meet and ALL Public Speaking CDEs.

When:
April 3rd

Where:
UGA Tifton Campus NESPAL Building (map is attached)

What Time:
CDEs Practice 12 PM - 3 PM
Proficiency Interview Practice 3 PM - 5 PM
*if you have both a CDE student/team and a proficiency finalist you may get done before 3 PM*

What do we Wear:
Official Dress (this is to simulate the real event)

What do I need to Bring:
A copy of your speech, proficiency application or creed and a POSITIVE ATTITUDE!

Registration LINK HERE

Thank you for providing the best opportunities to your students! WE THE South Region want to as prepared as possible for the LAST State CDEs held this school year!

Those who have signed up as of 3/27/18:
Worth County HighBlaize Bridges w/ Luke GwinesState Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Williams Middle SchoolBrittany GibbsJunior Prepared CDE Practice
NEC - Tift County High SchoolMicheal Lee Barnes and Ashton Wheelus (Student Teacher)Parliamentary Procedure CDE Practice
Miller County FFAEmily Wheeler, Bert BodifordState Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Irwin FFAS. JohnsonState Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Cairo High SchoolR. HarrisonDiscussion Meet CDE Practice
WilcoxAddie TuckerState Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Berrien middleLuke’s Nichols dad Carl will be with himJunior Prepared CDE Practice
WhighamTracy ChampagneCreed Speaking CDE Practice
Colquitt County Adrienne Smith
Discussion Meet CDE Practice, State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Ware County High Eric HickoxState Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Tift County High School FFABrittaney Schwing
Senior Prepared CDE Practice, Parliamentary Procedure CDE Practice
Coffee HighAtkinson/RogersState Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Jeff Davis High School FFACody herndonState Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
CA Gray MiddleJamie HunterJunior Prepared CDE Practice
Lee County High FFARebecca Sapp
Extemporaneous Public Speaking CDE Practice, State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice
Thomas County Central HighNikki Smith
Extemporaneous Public Speaking CDE Practice, State Proficiency Finalist Interview Practice

--
Trisha Rae Lastly
South Region Agriculture Education