 Teachers:

Thank you for your participation in the Area 6 Forestry CDE.

I would like to again thank our sponsor Weyerhaeuser; and their
representatives: David Hornsby, Daniel Atkins, Lorin Clark, Jacob Sheppard,
Wayne Little, Jimmy Barrett, Steve Manning, David Verdery, Regina Flowers,
and additional employees that assisted in the execution of a quality event.
Additional sponsors include: SAF Black Water Chapter, Ag South Farm
Credit, IFCO,
Seven Rivers RC & D Council, Rayonier, FRAM, and S&A Dixon Forestry.

I would also like to thank Forestry Consultant Scott Cunningham, Georgia
Power Representive Kevin Brazel, the Georgia Forestry Commission GFC
Satilla District District Supervisor Jason Gillis, Assistant Supervisor Bo
Chesser, and Jamie Smith, GFC Foresters, and Satilla GFC District County
Units for their part in making the event happen .

Without the help in monetary support from our sponsors, setting up,
judging, grading, event supervision, and scoring assistance from the
combined efforts of Weyerhaeuser, GFC, the  Clinch, Pierce, Appling County
Bus Driving volunteers, Mr. Chad Crews for rescuing the 8 students and 3
adults that got left at Junior Forest Management, and the South Region
Agricultural Education Team & Area Officers; the event would not have been
possible. Please appropriately thank these individuals for the support of
our students when possible.

Both you and your students fill out the event survey links so we may
improve our event; remember 2018 is a CDE revision year.

 FORESTRY Advisor Survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYupjwdZEDoAAiTHzQrihoPFwH7v1pAMpzi7oC44V8QswXnw/viewform>

FORESTRY Student Survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfP3Jd-nWTp3NlkL8V_e8Wj1OHRVy9i1D2-bPwjsO_ftQ5Z1A/viewform>

Rosters have been checked and results are official.

Congratulations to the teams who will be representing Area 6 next Thursday
at the State Forestry Field Day in Swainsboro, GA.

Junior Team

1st        Echols County Middle School
2nd       Ware County High School

Senior Team

1st         Echols High School
2nd        Ware County High School

 Complete team/individual scores are attached.

--
Shawn S. Collins
South Region Agriculture Education

Office: 229-386-3198