Congratulations for another successful year!

As you enter into the summer months, I want to encourage each of you to
consider applying for an Alumni Charter if you have not already done so.
Affiliate membership is $200 per chapter and a minimum of 10 members.  The
total number has no limit.  That's a deal!

The Alumni year runs September through August.  Now is the perfect time to
start a chapter.  I know the excuses and I know the exhausting work that
each of you do, so I have a proposal.

Keep it simple and start by giving them only one job - raise the funds to
pay for FFA Chapter membership dues.  As your alumni chapter grows and they
begin to hunger to help, then you can add to their list of support
opportunities.

This is how you begin:

   - Identify 10 potential members now - officer parents, graduating senior
   FFA members, etc...
   - set a meeting with interested potential members (even if it's not 10)
   - Navigate to the link below for all necessary forms and info
   - Once you have 10 names, apply for a charter and submit your roster
   - Assemble your Alumni group and give them their first job - raise funds
   to pay FFA membership dues

Suggested first alumni fundraiser:

   - Provide lunch for all the teachers in your system during preplanning
   - 200 employees x $10 = $2000 - cost (well on the way to paying FFA
   dues!)
   - This allows you to start the year with an Alumni chapter AND FFA dues
   paid!
   - You can even take the $200 affiliate fee out of your first fundraiser

*FFA Alumni Page - Forms and Information
<https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=116>*

*Now is the time to begin, while you have the flexible hours of summer
ahead!*

Current Active Alumni Chapters:

*Area 3*

   - Bleckley
   - Harris
   - Jasper
   - Jones
   - Mary Persons
   - Perry
   - Pike

*Area 4*

   - Portal
   - Screven
   - South Effingham

As you can see, there is plenty of room for growth.

Let our team know if you have any questions or need any help.

Kevin

--
Kevin Jump
Area Mechanics Teacher