Teachers,

Thank you to those of you who attended the 90th Georgia FFA Convention and brought students. We had a huge crowd. I appreciate you all very much for offering that opportunity to your students.

Follow-up from 2018 Convention
• Attached are results from the leadership CDEs and Agriscience Fair that were held at the State Convention.
• Results/News Releases & photos from the State Convention can be seen on the State Convention portion of the Georgia FFA website (https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=45)
• The archives of the Livestream of each Session at the convention are also available on the State Convention website. However, we did experience some technical difficulties with our streaming process in session 1. Currently, only the last 40 minutes of that session are available on the stream archive.
• All convention session videos, including the complete session 1, along with the CDE Finals Hall videos, will be posted on the Georgia FFA YouTube page by next week. I will send an email once those videos are posted and ready to view. Once those videos are posted, I hope that you will take advantage and use them.
• Thank you for showing up in big numbers. The opening session was packed! There was certainly a noticeable increase in Friday night’s attendance too, and I appreciate you answering that challenge. I hope that you and your students got your money’s worth.
• There were a handful of very nice items that were turned in as lost but never claimed. I brought the items back to our office. They include a cell phone, jacket, and sunglasses. If you or your students are missing any of those items, please get in touch with me. If they are yours, I would love to return them.

Looking ahead to 2019
• The 91st Georgia FFA Convention will be held April 25-27, 2019 in Macon.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I appreciate all of you, and the many staff and volunteers who made the convention happen. Have a great rest of your week.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA