As we approach the end of the school year, we enter the time to reflect on what has been done, and begin brainstorming what lies ahead. As most of you are probably aware, every three years our Association goes through a review of all CDE and Award program guidelines. That 3-year review cycle will happen later this month, on May 30-31. A panel of teachers and staff will review all CDE and award guidelines to make sure that we are conducting events that are accurate, sound, fair, relevant, and challenging. The review process will include looking at content, references, scoring rubrics, etc...

Below is the list of teachers who will represent the profession in these important meetings. If you have strong feelings about the immediate future of a CDE or award program, please feel free to share those thoughts with the appropriate review committee people.

Ag Mechanics related CDEs
Jason Cantrell (Pickens County)
Walt Parks (Bleckley County)
Ben Culpepper (Lanier County)
Andrew Reeves (Rutland Middle)

Animal Science related CDEs
Trish Williams (Gordon Central)
Bill Waldrep (Mary Persons)
Chad Crews (Brantley County)
John Lastly (Madison County Middle)

Forestry/Natural Resources related CDEs
Kathrine Bell (Madison County)
Bryant Oliver (Wheeler County)
Richard Gill (Brantley County)
Ryan Smith (Monroe County Middle)

Horticulture related CDEs
Amanda Keener (White County)
Kasey Jackson (West Laurens)
Rebekah Dunn (Berrien County)
Brandon Walker (Malcom Bridge Middle)

Leadership related CDEs & award programs
David Bushey (Gilmer County)
Hannah Elrick (Southeast Bulloch)
Adrienne Smith (Colquitt County)
Shelby Corbett (Echols County)

SAE related award areas
Cale Watkins (Franklin County)
Nancy Sell (Screven County)
Kitty Bodiford (Pataula Charter)
Lauren Jarrett (Summerville Middle)

If you have any recommendations for the betterment of our CDEs and award programs, please pass along your recommendations to me, and I will insure that the review committees sees all recommendations. To recommend a change, please complete the attached form and submit it to me. You can scan & email the form, or mail a hard copy. I ask that all recommendation forms be received in my office by May 15.

Thank you for your help in making CDEs and award programs the best that they can be.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA