Ag Teachers,

The deadline for submitting American FFA Degree applications is May 15 (one week from tomorrow). I am excited by the questions and feedback that we are receiving. That means that your students (and you) are working on applications. We look forward to another year of growth in the number of students who apply for the prestigious American Degree.

As you help students in their submission of American Degree applications, here are a couple of things to keep in mind. The application process is a little bit different this year, so please pay close attention.

• Applications should be printed and submitted to the appropriate Region office by May 15.
• All signatures on the American Degree application are now electronic signatures (more below). However, you should still print a final PDF copy and turn it in.
• Four signatures are due on the application. 1) The student applicant  2) advisor  3) school administrator  4) parent/guardian
• In order for the student to generate their electronic signature, the student/applicant must be logged in to their MyFFA account, then access the Electronic Signatures link in the menu bar on the left side of the page.
• In order for a teacher to generate their electronic signature, the teacher must be logged in to their MyFFA account, then access the Electronic Signatures link in the menu bar on the left side of the page.
• In order for parents and administrators to generate their electronic signatures, the student (while logged in to their MyFFA account) must access the Electronic Signatures link in the menu bar on the left side of the page; then identify the name and email address of the person. Those people will receive an email that gives them instructions on how to provide their electronic signature.
• To “complete” the application, a student (while logged in to their MyFFA account) must insure that the checklist is all “met” and then click the “Complete/Print Your Application” link in the menu bar on the left side of the page.
• Once hitting the “complete” button, if a student needs to make a change to their application, they can. However, after making that change, the student (logged in to their MyFFA account) should hit the “Complete/Print Your Application” link again.

Please remember to print the completed PDF documents and submit them to your Region office by May 15. Additionally, if you have an American Degree nominee who has an SAE that is extra exceptional, consider nominating them for an American Star award. The Star application will take more time, but what a great way to complete your FFA career than to be considered for an American Star award.

If you have any questions, please call me.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA