 *Forestry Camp Opportunity for Middle School Students!*
*DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS MAY 20!*

Do you know a student who deserves a scholarship for academic achievement
to a fun summer camp and is interested in learning more about Georgia's
most valuable renewable resource – our forests?

For the 30th year, the Georgia Division of the Society of American Foresters
 is pleased to offer a five-day camp to help Georgia's youth become more
aware of the value of forest resources to Georgia's environment, economy
and everyday life. The Camp is for 12 and 13-year old girls and boys who
will enter the 7th or 8th grade in the fall of 2018. This outdoor/indoor
experiential camp is for inquisitive students eager to learn about forestry,
wildlife, ecology, map skills, tree identification and the people who
manage these vast resources.

The Camp will be held July 8-12, 2018 at the Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center.

We can accommodate 60 campers, on a first-application received,
first-registered basis. One or two students per school will be accepted.
Students who have previously attended the Camp are not eligible. For each
nominee, please provide an alternate student in case the nominee is unable
to attend. While the camp is supported by donations, there is a nominal
registration fee of $40.00 for each camper. If financial concerns would
prevent your student(s) from attending, there are opportunities to find
sponsors to help with the registration fee.

Please complete the enclosed application, ensure the commitment of the
student’s parent or guardian support for their attendance, and return the
form and check for each student to the designated mailing address by May
20. Acceptance notices and certificates for Honors Day presentations will
be emailed to schools upon receipt of applications. We strongly encourage
you to register your student(s) in enough time to honor them at your
school’s end-of- year awards ceremony. Additional camp information will be
mailed to the student by the first week in June.

To find out more information about the Camp, please visit www.gasaf.net and
select Forestry Youth Camp. Questions can also be directed to Chelsea York
at the Georgia Forestry Commission in Macon (Phone: 478-751- 3534, FAX:
478-751- 3559 or e-mail: [log in to unmask]) between the hours of 8:30
a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

We appreciate your nomination of a deserving student for this great
opportunity and encourage you to recognize the student at your school’s
honors program.

Sincerely,

Becky Watson
2018 Camp Coordinator