Each year, based on FFA membership, the Georgia FFA Association is allotted a specific number of official voting delegates for the National FFA Convention. We are waiting on our exact delegate allotment for 2018, but based on membership growth, I expect our delegate number to be approximately 25. We will fill 8 of those positions with the state FFA officer team. The remaining delegate positions will be filled based on the attached application. If you have students who would make great National Convention Delegates, please consider having them complete this application. The application is attached to this email. It is also available on the Georgia FFA Website in the Applications page.

https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=17

Who can apply?
Any FFA member can apply, but preference will be given to rising 12th graders (class of 2019) and recent graduates (class of 2018). Students should be bright, motivated, hardworking and someone worthy of representing our Association on a large scale.

When (and where) are applications dues?
Applications should be submitted to the state FFA office by July 1. Applications can be mailed, or scanned and emailed.

What to expect?
Students selected to serve as delegates can expect to travel with the state Association to the National Convention, stay with the voting delegate body, and serve on a delegate committee. The Georgia delegates will gather on Sunday, October 21 at the FFA/FCCLA Center, and fly to Indianapolis on Monday, October 22. They will return to Georgia on Sunday, October 28. There will be a mandatory delegate orientation meeting at Camp John Hope on Wednesday, September 19. Delegates will receive money from the FFA Foundation to offset their meal expenses, and the FFA Association will pay for their hotel and transportation.

If you, or your students have any questions, please feel free to give me a call. I hope that you will nominate some great students for this important role.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA